At Project Playdate doing good and feeling good are one and the same! We are not only a premier childcare service, but are also a social venture. That is, we are a business that makes a social impact.
At Project Playdate, 100% of our proceeds serve Powerhouse NYC–a non-profit with a vision to empower at-risk young mothers in becoming emotionally and financially stable. Powerhouse NYC is working towards opening a housing program and launching professional development services that provides young mothers with the social services and business skills needed to break out of welfare dependency.
The mission of Powerhouse NYC is to use Project Playdate, a family-oriented business, as a means to provide valuable connections between families with means to families with need; and to provide at-risk young mothers with concrete employment and skill-building opportunities; as well as financial support for basic needs and professional development.
Project Playdate has many levels of social impact
- Funding vehicle behind Powerhouse NYC.
- Job training program in marketing and business development (no direct childcare) for young mothers of Powerhouse NYC. (Future goal)
- Babysitter development program for NYC university students interested in Early Childhood Development.
- Supports local businesses and evening activities for adults by freeing up parents at night
- Supports daycare facilities by promoting their space during off hours and connecting their service to a cause.
- Promotes early childhood development and community connections through its interactive setting and specialized activities for kids.
- Parents enjoy a night on the town child free with peace of mind knowing that their children are being cared for in a safe and fun environment.
For more information about Powerhouse NYC please visit www.powerhousenyc.org